Saturday 7 July 2007

The Quayside of PNH

Had a good rest in the afternoon - a 3-hr nap. The first proper rest since I came over to PNH.

Tonight is the first time I have to walk on the famous Quayside street of PNH and had dinner alone. The unruly traffic looked more unruly from outside a car. I was told PNH is like Singapore in the 60's. Well, I know not how SIN was like in the 60's (and I couldn't care less) but it did feel like I was in the 60's of SIN. Down the street, I saw people manning carts of coconuts on sale and among them, there were always children, whom I always have a soft spot for. They looked dirty and stale and I felt sad. But it wasn't that bad because at least there weren't beggars. Or so I thought! On my way back after dinner, I chose to walk along the path outside lines of foreigner-filled pubs and cafes. And along the path, I saw 2 or 3 mothers begging with children around them :(

2 Comments:

Blogger I, Cactus said...

buddy,
there will definitely be beggars. This is the reality of life.

hey...send some pics leh..
or can u put up a friendster acct (since Ben & I) are in there and we can see ur pics.

8 July 2007 at 17:21  
Blogger Dhenz Nogara said...

When I initially commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I receive four emails with the same comment. Perhaps there is an easy method you are able to remove me from that service? Appreciate it! Sbobet games

22 August 2013 at 11:06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home