Saturday 7 July 2007

First Weekends in PNH

Sat. Warm and sunny. In office now. Will visit 240 street this weekends where I can find used bookstores (my favourite) and some nice cafes and shops. Will also look for a permanent accommodation, which is surprisingly high. So high that I'm really afraid that, with the company's budget, I would not be able to afford a 2-room unit (which is what I hope for so that my family and friends can stay with me when they come visiting). I can go for a 3-storey semi-D (I think that's what it's called) but I will have to hire a maid and a security man, pay for internet access and utilities if I really do. Quite reluctant although it's rental is much cheaper - about USD1k per month. A 2-room serviced apartment unit is over USD3k per month. Sigh.

Then of course, weekends is for laundry and ironing. Tough. I'm going to find out if the hotel-cum-serviced apartment that I'm currently staying in for a month provides free laundry. Keeping my fingers crossed. Heehee.

First weekends - no time for those alluring pubs along the quay yet :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home