Wednesday 4 January 2012

Spare Me Your Taste Buds

If you are here because of the SMS or WA message I sent you, read on.

I am in need. I would like to borrow your taste buds. I'm officially forming meal tasting sessions on a regular basis and you are invited to be part of it. Occasionally, I will invite some established cooks to guide me along and when that happens, you know you are in for a marvellous treat!

The catch? I promise you there would be times when you would secretly ask yourself why on earth did you stupidly agree to waste your taste buds on (and lend them to me for)  the sub-standard food I create. I promise you there would be times you would have to endure hunger waiting for the meals to be served. But I also promise you I would do my best in whipping up the fabu-licious-wannabe.

One commandment that I hope you would observe though, or at least try to comply, is ‘Thou shalt leave no leftovers’ :)

I have included pics of some of what I did last month when I turned serious about cooking, thanks to the inspiration and encouragement of a close colleague. Hopefully the pics would be good selling points.

Gratin Dauphinois

Baked Salmon Fishcakes

Baked Salmon Fishcakes

Starters

Lemon and Ginger Souffles

Lemon and Ginger Souffles

Salmon Wellington


One point of assurance is I have already figured out why some of the dishes were slightly burnt on top, if that was what you were concerned about.

So, do something good in 2012. Be part of the 'Spare Me Your Taste Buds' group. Beep me if you are in!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in :)

-cs

4 January 2012 at 23:46  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home