Thursday 19 April 2007

Exercises Needed Here

I'm on leave. At home. The fifth helicopter just flew over my puny HDB flat. The noise was not puny by any standard. Is there an exercise going on? Or has the NDP practice begun? I would not mind if it's the former. In fact, I would welcome it. More practice is necessary. Just look at the recent accident that took place when the marine patrol was going after the 'human snake'. Mind you, we are talking about 'human snake' trying to sneak into Singapore and not a foreign navy with heavy guns and machinery onboard. With due respect to the deceased, I believe this accident is a joke. If I remember correctly, it was reported that this is the first time a police-and-thief marine chase of this kind had happened in decades. The first time and an accident took place. It might simply be a case of inadequate live exercise.

When a war breaks out, those stunts at the annual NPD will count for nothing. Fighting the enemy planes, safely, does. Kamikaze is one thing, crashing into enemy planes by accident is quite another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home